DeLorean in Illinois

Does anyone in the Chicagoland area know what ever happened to the 82
DeLorean that was at a repair shop in Geneva a few years back. All this talk
about DeLoreans that had been sitting for years reminded me of that one.

In fact seeing that DeLorean back in 1995 reminded me of how much I wanted
one. This car had sad story to tell. The plates expired in 1988, and the
car had been towed to the shop in Oct of 94. The shop had done a bunch of
work to the car, but the owner never paid the bill. So the car just sat for a
few years. It needed some more fuel system work, interior work and a general
clean up, but it would have been a nice car.

In any case the owner of the car wanted no less then $13K, plus before the
car could be sold the bill at the repair shop also had to be paid. It was
about the same time that I found mine for $5K, mine needed about the same
ammont of work, so I made the better economical choice.

I haven't seen the car there at the shop for a few years, and I wondered if
anyone knew what happened to her? Hopefully that story had a happy ending.

Andrew
4194