CIS Fuel System

Does anyone have any ideas on how to measure the fuel comsumption of
a DeLorean in such a way that it can be used in a miles per gallon
calculation? I have seen something called a CIS air flow
potentiometer on the CIS system for an Audi that is used for their
trip computer but 'our" CIS system does not have that. Is there
another way to compute fuel flow. Could I use the info from the
frequency valve and RPM? I may put some magnets on the drive shaft
and have a sensor read the speed of the car. Is speed information
available from the automatic transmission computer?

Thanks again,

Dave
6530