Re: [DML] seeking advice

Tom,

ACK!, don't fuss with the torsion bars unless you're absolutely certain they need
adjusting. Without special tools and at least one assistant, the adjustment process is
dangerous enough to use in that Jack@ss movie.

With the strut removed, lower the door slowly until it stops; it should rest about 6
inches short of closing. The struts themselves have a limited life (about 2 years for
me on average) and are temperature sensitive. All summer long my doors shot up and went
THUNK, but with the cold snap we've had lately I feel like Marty in BTTF because it's my
head going THUNK on the door.

The problem with the rear-mounted power antenna is access; it's tough to get to. What's
wrong with yours? Could you fix it with a new mast?

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX