Re: [DML] Re: Delorean Financing (other options)

Re: [DML] Re: Delorean Financing (other options)

Jeff and everyone else thinking about purchaseing a D,

Let me just put my 2 cents in here. If your thinking
about buying a DeLorean let me advise you to try to
purchase your D through the list. That is what I did.
Actually I purchased my DeLorean through
Rich(d_rex_2002). Your best bet is to buy a D from
someone who loves and knows the car. If you would like
to get a car that you know has been well taken care of
then watch what Rich has coming on the market. He has
many projects all the time and is one of the most
expierenced guys out there on the D. You have to
understand the history behind your car in order to
protect yourself. As a senerio I bought an '84 Fiero
2M4 from a guy who guarennted me it ran like, and I
quote "Like a raped ape" Needless to say there is not
an inch of this car I have not had to rebuild in one
way, shape, or form in order to get it up to my level
of satisfaction. Okay, maybe my level of satisfaction
is slightly higher then most, but you need to
understand where your car is coming from before you
can understand where you can go with it. Another
problem I ran into with the 2M4 was an undisclosed
lien on the title. If you deal with Rich your never
going to have such a problem. I have delt with him and
I can honestly say he is just an all around nice guy.
He helped me when nobody else would and he made my
dream come true. Rich takes pride in his cars. Hes not
going to blow you off or not answer questions and hes
very honest and to the point. Rich is just one of the
many great guys on the DML. If you want a DeLorean and
you don't want a headach I'd stay in house with the
DML. watch the "for sale section" and ask alot of
questions and keep an eye on some of the projects the
other members are working on. More high quality, well
taken care for DeLoreans come through here then say on
E-Bay.

Todd
'81 DeLorean vin 5386
'84 2M4 vin 226211