Re: simple A/C compressor question

You don't need to disconnect the hoses from the compressor. Just
unbolt the compressor from the mounts and move it out of the way
toward the side of the car. Don't make a big job bigger by fussing
with the A/C. Not only MUST you remove and capture the R-12, you will
have to vacuum the system down to reinstall it. There is always the
risk of leaks and contamination. If you have to wrap it in a rag and
wire it out of the way but you should be able to do this without
disconnecting it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757