Uk Classic Car show

Mainly for UK members, but please fell free........

The NEC is the UK's Biggest National Classic Car Show,

Well,

Its a good job I'm not at work today! After three days of hectic DeLorean
activities!

What a belta of a NEC show! The best yet I think!

Thanks to all who helped.

Mark, Like me did 3 full days, Dave Howarth, despite horrendous domestic
problems was there at the start and the finish.
Mary and Claire were doing great guns selling all sorts of club goodies,
everything from base ball caps to BTTF models sold out completely.
Many members spent loads of time showing the thousands of visitors our cars
and explaining the finer points of DeLorean Ownership.

James Esprey (and his beautiful lady companion) brought vast quantities of
eagerly awaited spares in their hand luggage for us! And a few copies of his
house magazine, that were eagerly seized upon! We were able to exchange lots
of "Lotus" information....Watch this space!

Chris Nicholson ( our very own Stainless Steel / Aluminium expert) and his
family were able to see for themselves, the tremendous interest that the new
BTTF car aroused. Many club members were particularly impressed with the
extent of the "Detailing" on, 111 mile 83 car.
Despite a notice to the contry, many members of the public were heard to
say "that's the one they used in the film you know"! It caused an enormous
amount of interest, especially amongst the younger visitors.....club members
of members of the future?

I was persuaded on several occasions to start the car, for a few seconds, to
let folk hear the extraordinary sound of the exhaust note! Dave Howarth's
comment was "It sound like a DeLorean with hairs on its chest"! Well put
Dave! Mike Hooper and crew looked on in alarm, convinced the show organisers
would cause a fuss and kick us out!

Speaking of new young, owner members, the latest recruit is just 6 years
old! And its a Turbo car! Sorry Darren C, you are almost a pensioner now
being 17 year old Right Hand Drive owner!

Even our retired Club founder, Simon Lees-Milne showed up and provided a
copy of the 5 minute BBC video featuring our very own female gardening
beauty and DeLorean fan, "Charlie" Dimmock, throwing Simons ( now Paul's)
car around a deserted airfield track. As this programme was never aired,
this footage is unique and is now being digitised by Richard for
distribution to club members.

I must apologise to some club members, who I saw looking on, but just could
not get to them to have a quick word. I did try!

Again, a heart felt thank you for the support and help provided by Club
Members and friends.

Your Honourable Secretary,

Chris Parnham DOC UK