Re: 001697 is no more,

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Yes, some states will not
allow you to register a salvaged vehicle. This isn't a problem at all. If nothing
else, you could always "wash" the title. This happens to thousands of cars
every year.

And as far as repairing the car not being economicly viable, HA! Classic car
restoration is far from being economic anyhow! The only people who will
make ANY profit at all are going to be those that sell parts. Not us who are
restoring/rebuilding the cars. Personally, I've no problem with that at all. In all
truth, my DeLorean so far has cost me about as much as a new sports car
would have. Matter of fact, not just classic restoration, but even the purchasing
of a new vehicle off the showroom floor isn't even economicly viable! To hell
with driving the car off the lot, the moment you sign that contract you've just
devalued the car by 30%!

For James: If you do decide to part ways with your car, please do not part it
out. Consider first selling it to someone on the list here who will restore it.
However, if you do choose to rebuild it, then you will have a car that you will
never ever want to let go of. the payoff in the end will truly be great! Don't think
of this as the end of you car, think of it as the ultimate challenge for you and
your car. Will you accept, or walk away?

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"