Re: 001697 is no more,

Well, I was unable to view the car today. The impound yard was
closed at 1 oclock pm... and wouldn't take a bribe to let me take
some pics. I have vacation monday. So we'll see then... when I get
my Ford Probe registered again, and have the head gasket replaced on
it. Hey guys, before vin1697 My Probe was my baby!

My thoughts were similar Rick... No real operational damage to the
any of the cars major systesm other than the radiator. I'm sure
she'd run fine at this point. If it weren't for the tire being
punctured she might even be drivable for a short distance (though
the passenger suspension is obviously shot).. and steering would be
impossible...
I'm getting more and more hopeful now that my mind is a bit clearer.
It's the waiting the kills me.

In fact, other than the pontoon repair.. I could do most it myself
(but won't be if it's on MetLife's dime... unless they scrap the
car... then I may to save myself some cash).

How about frame damage. I know it's unlikely that the backbone (or
however it is you'd refer to the middle section) is damaged. But the
frame extension at the front, and the passeger-side Y-piece are
hurt... any info on those pieces' ability to with stand a collision?

I pray that Metlife will aim to please me with thier claims service,
considering I sell their insurance.

Yeah, I guess I could speculate and talk about this until I'm blue
in the face. My other-than-DeLorean-activity before the crash was
playing Grand Theft Auto Vice City.... you can imagine how appealing
that sounds now (if you know the game).

Well I'll shut up about my wreck unless there's any new news or
specific questions.

Would I ever have gotten this kinda support if I owned a Corvette..
or even a Murcielago? Probably not, nor would I have even cared as
much.

I thank you all for your words of encourgment, and though in the end
she is just a car, it does mean alot to me (as our cars are more
than just cars to us) that you've all been so understanding, and
simply nice.

Thank you all!
Happy DeLoreaning (I will again!!)
James L (yet proud owner of...) 001697