Hand Built DeLoreans

OK I read the article about DMCH someone posted recently;

I'm not commenting on the likelihood/possibility/legality of the
scenerio - but...
If they can;

Do you think it's a good idea to hand build new DeLoreans? Would this
use-up important parts for the rest of us? Obviously there are
certain obstacles to overcome before they could do this. Namely
Torsion bars. Most other parts are in stock or reproducable.

They could do a very limited run, they have what, maybe 500 engines.
Plenty of doors... but doors don't make a car.
However, if they did plan on this perhaps it would instigate
reproduction of other parts... Torsion bars, engine parts, even
underbodies or Stainless Panels (not impossible to make new dies is
it?.. though expensive I'm sure). We already have new frames!

It seems this idea is very attainible to a business such as DMCH...
but is it a good idea? A limit run of new DMC12s would deplete an
already low supply of parts... and full on reproduction of the car
could de-value our original 80's cars.

However, in spite of my opinion of commericial-DMCH, I don't
discredit thier quality. If they hand-built new cars I'm sure these
would be GREAT quality.
None of problems of the original D.. this time REALLY rustproof...
and (perhaps by this time) a PRV6 Stage 3 with who knows how much
power...and perhaps extra safety features... AND all of the looks and
fun of our beloved original DMC12s.

It would come with a price tag... yes... but I don't think any of us
can deny our dreams of having a "new" DeLorean (even those of us who
had a D back in 81... they were hardly "new" per se... practically
broke coming off the line) Imagine a 2005 DMC12 with the quality,
warrenty, safety and speed of a modern Corvette/Viper/SVT Cobra (hey
the Mustang is trying....).

Comments?
Any official word from DMCH on plans... or maybe just a confirmation
that they are considering it?

thank you, good night, we love you alllllllllllllllllllllllll
James 01697