Radio Woes and interior stuff

You wouldn't believe how much less I feel like driveing my car to work
now that the radio has completely quit.
Ok Before the front spkrs wouldn't work, but both back ones did
(albeit poorly.. staticy). Now the passenger back one died altogether
and the driver side one is so quite you can't hear it with the engine
one.

I've resorted to starting the engine, gunning it up to 100mph then
cutting the engine and enjoying the tunes while I coast back down...
then repeat til I get to work.

Question; How do I remove that plastic panel over each rear spker.
I want to replace
the whole system. I know I need not remove the dash to get to the
front ones, but is it easier? Perhaps I'll splurge 2 grand and
replace the dash pieces and stereo at the same time (both binnacle
and dash are now cracked &^%%#$!!!!).

Would it be wiring... or the speakers themselves.
Should I trust BestBuy (or similar) to install new speakers and
radio? It is free if you buy the equipment there. Or is the interior
easy enough to take apart.. I can deal with the wiring.

On the note of interior pieces. My head liner is drooping at the rear
of the car. Not the cloth cover... all that was recently done
(previous owner..one thing he *DID* do).. but rather the backing
itself has two bumps in it one- on each side, as though it's not
adequetly attached to the top of the car. It's fine in the middle.
You can see between the headliner-backing and the top of the car if
you look through the rear wind screen. How can I repair this?

Also The left driverside kneepad is not aligned properly to the
dashboard. It's bent down a bit. (years of being kicked perhaps) and
I *think* this is what causes the binncle to bounce (thus crack) when
I go over bumps. How can I re-align this?

Lastly. why must 40 dollar dashmats look so crappy? J/K

thank you, thank you

James LaLonde 001697