Re: [DML] Fall Tour & DeLoreans Magazine

Re: [DML] Fall Tour & DeLoreans Magazine

> How do the DeLorean Owners feel about this???

If we're talking about the nature of "deloreans" magazine, I can't
understand why some folks keep bringing up its commercial nature as if it
was some sort of revelation. The last copy of the magazine I received had
the following words printed on the cover: "the official publication of
DeLorean Motor Company." Not "an impartial look at the DeLorean ownership
experience that gives equal consideration to all vendors and their
respective products." If you want that, maybe you'll get it when one or
both of the upcoming D magazines is launched. But to look for it from a
publication from a vendor -- *any* vendor -- seems silly.

If sending free copies of a publication that normally costs money is the
issue at hand, then I guess I'm still not seeing the problem here. I was
not offended when Randal Brown handed out free 3M products in Memphis.
Should I have been?

As for DMC Texas not sending a representative to the Mid-Atlantic club
event, many of the posts I've seen on the DML give me the impression that
some would consider them unwelcome guests anyway. Call me skeptical, but I
find it hard to believe that those who fire barbs at others in a public
forum would really miss their presence at a social gathering.

To the point that DMC Texas is "taking the fun out of" the DeLorean hobby,
I'll have to disagree. The politics of the DeLorean community is what's
taking the fun out of ownership for me. Some enterprising soul needs to
print up a score card so I can keep track of who's against who anymore (and
please be sure to include me if I've made any enemies with this post).

For what it's worth the last two times I've attended club events in Illinois
I've seen representatives from DMC Texas. James Espey and Bill Morgan came
up last year with the black car, and this year James and Stephen Wynne were
there. Did they have parts to sell? Sure. Good thing, too, since I
discovered once I arrived that my original transmission pan gasket had given
out at some point on the trip and I was leaking trans fluid all over the
place. (For you conspiracy theorists out there, it would be an awful lot of
trouble for James to go through to sabotage my car so I'd have to buy a $9
replacement part from him.)

Todd Masinelli
VIN 6681 (Nov '81)