Re: [DML] Fall Tour & DeLoreans Magazine

Re: [DML] Fall Tour & DeLoreans Magazine

> I admit, I may be looking to see the next issue. I am curious as to
Stephen's discussion on "the players and pretenders in the DeLorean hobby".
I did not know he was the authority on the subject.

> Is it really necessary to turn the DeLorean hobby in to something so
commercial? I'm greedy too, but DMCH is taking it TOO far... and taking the
fun out of it.

> How do the DeLorean Owners feel about this???

Over my years of being a DeLorean fan and finally an owner, I've read many
opinion pieces about the DeLorean hobby. Some put down owners like me who
drive and use thier car every day, and others speak lowly of enthusiasts who
spend thousands of dollars keeping their car pristine and undriven. I have
to accept that everybody has their opinion and right to state it no matter
what I believe.

In Stephen Wynne's letter on page six of the latest issue, his main topic is
the availability of original equipment or better parts for the DeLorean, and
why you should want to use the best. Throughout the magazine they stress
how they want 100% original parts availability. I think his "players and
pretenders" will give the high and low points of using their original parts
versus general stuff you find at your local parts house. This is probably
to promote thier own sales, but it is for the benefit of the company. I'll
wait and read it before I judge. It may even be good for new owners.

Are they getting too commercial? Perhaps, however I cannot fault them for
this as the more money they make the more improvements they will be able to
make for our cars. They can put whatever advertisements that promote their
business they like as long as they keep with the good content. I've
certainly seen more product pushing in other magazines, and at least DMCH
included ones that relate to the subject material. I was particularly happy
with this issue because of what it contained. The detailed walkthrough with
photos on how to replace your window regulator was most appreciated. My
friend just broke mine and I'm looking at replacing it myself. (note to
passengers: Do not roll window up while arm is sticking out. I shouldn't
have to tell you this)

payne