Re: DeLoreans Magazine (paper toy)

Not sure if DMCH needs to "credit" the DML regarding the paper toy.

The Delorean paper toy has been around for more than six months
and may in fact have been out for more than a year by now. I know
the DML was not how I first found out about it and, therefore, it
may not have been how DMCH originally found out about it either.

Although I do remember Marc's post about the Delorean paper toy back
in May 2002, the Delorean paper toy was on the paper toy website at
least 6 - 7 months earlier, since I first heard about it from Tamir
in an email back in November 2001, many months before a DML post.

I'm not sure if someone emailed Tamir earlier about its existance,
but I know Tamir gets a lot of pre-release info about many things
Delorean related. I remember hearing about Rick G's twin engine
Delorean way before it's debut in Memphis. Because of his premier
website of all things Delorean, Tamir does seem to get the scoop
on many things Delorean before the rest of the general public.

-----------------------------------
To: Rich
Subject: DeLorean paper cut out

Pretty cool stuff. Enjoy.
-----------------------------------
This paper cutout gift link was sent to you by a visitor to
PaperToys.com.

The link to your paper cut-out toy is:
http://papertoys.com/toy.php?no=2173

This gift was sent by: Tamir
Sent at: Mon, 26 Nov 2001, 14:21:50

The gift was sent to: Rich

If you were sent this in error, please report this immediately to
signups@xxxx
-----------------------------------

I do not know or wish to comment about the permission status of
printing the Delorean paper toy, but I did want to make sure that
other readers of the DML know that the Delorean paper toy has been
"out there" for a while and maybe for a year or more.

My nephews enjoyed cutting them out (with rounded tip scissors)
and putting them on top of the SunStar cars they got last Xmas.

Later,
Rich W.

> snip <
>
> In the same disrespect for us, DeLoreans magazine printed on page 24
of the Summer 2002 issue a DeLorean paper toy. Their claim is "we
never pass up on the strange little tidbits of DeLorean oddities we
come across." They do admit it is not their original work but, yet
they do not credit the DML for supplying them with the source of this
material (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/message/25770) or, the
source themselves (http://papertoys.com/delorean.htm). I will assume
that the publisher of DeLoreans did get proper permission to reprint
this drawing, so I will make no judgments about copyright (heck, I
don't even know if papertoys holds the copyright!). However, it is in
bad taste to not give credit to the originator (was it papertoys.com,
or someplace else?) of the drawing and to further modify it to remove
the "plug" for the source