Red-glowing cat!

Today I drove my last trip in my DeLorean (this year, that is!)
I'm putting it away for winter storage.

However, when I parked up, having taken the car to the carwash and back to my garage and with normal engine temperatures, driven for around 15 minutes, I discovered that the cat was glowing red! This *might* have been a very close fire, but I'm puzzled to what to look for? Why did the cat act like this? I have never experienced this before...let me also at that it sputtered when I drove it, but I think that's mainly bad spark plugs and/or condensation because of the winter climate we have here right now.

Still - why did the cat glow red...I'm sure it was a couple of hundred degrees down there in the engine bay :-(

Any suggestions welcome

Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759