Re: Fuel pump , Lack of power

When you remove and replace relays and fuses you must also make
certain that the connectors that these parts plug into are fully
inserted into the fuse block so when you stick the relay or fuse in it
will make electrical contact with all of the connectors. There have
been many instances where a wire fell back and did not make contact
making you think the relay or fuse was bad when in fact a wire wasn't
making contact. Also if overheated the connectors lose there
"springiness" and also "blacken up" from oxidation. If you have any
doubts about a connector remove and replace it to avoid a bad
connection and a melt-down of your fuse block. The best reference to
follow is the electrical diaghram in your Workshop Manual. Follow the
power from the battery through the switches, fuses, and relays. Go
step by step from the battery to the pump testing each connection and
wire.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757