Re: AHHHHHHHHH auto training shifter/linking stuff

Re: AHHHHHHHHH auto training shifter/linking stuff

You must understand that you are working on a 20+ year old car that
has probably seen several owners and at least that many mechanics. The
particular problem you have is unusual but it is not unusual to find
old work that you must go over and fix properly. These types of things
happen because not all mechanics are knowledgeable about Deloreans and
also a tempteation to "repair" things without having to order parts.
If you are patient and fix these problems as you find them eventually
you will have a good, solid, reliable car. Hopefully if you did your
homework when you bought the car and inspected it thourghly you won't
have any major, expensive surprises. As you use the car more problems
will come to the surface so if you keep up with them and fix them as
you discover them you will get all of the "gremlins" out and be very
happy with the car after that. The downside is that now that you have
seen a sample of the "workmanship" of a previous mechanic you have to
hope that he didn't fix much else! You are finding out there is no
such thing as a cheap Delorean (or any old car for that matter). You
can pay me now or you can pay me later Ha Ha.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757