SS Louvers

Thanks to all for the recomendations for the CD adapter, now on to
the louvers.

The stainless steel louvers on my car are not solid stainless steel.
They are your standard black fiberglass louver with a thin skin of SS
on each slat. To me, it does not seem like much extra weight but I
am told that the struts will wear out quicker because of it. The
former owner thought that this was one of three cars that had the SS
applied to the louvers at the factory, but at least two members of
this list have said that it was an aftermarket option. The SS is
brushed with the same grain as the body panels so there is no glare,
even when looking through the rear view mirror. I like the way it
makes the car look and I have heard many positive coments on the
appearance from others. I have not seen any other car with this
option, are there any out there?

Brent Lundgren
VIN #17006