Re: valve cover reassembly

Andy

You can either use a spray on gasket remover which can be found at
any auto parts store or isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol on a cloth will
also lift the silicone residue it works great cleaning up uncured
silicone. note: you may want to have a hose type vaccuum on hand to
get any bits of silicone that may fall into the top of the heads.

As long as you don't have any major gouges in the mating sufaces you
shouldn't have any problems with resealing them using the paper
gasket.

Eastwood makes a special aerosol spray paint just for aluminum
castings it will make your valve covers look better than new and
won't flake off later. Ask Dave Swingle more about it. His son Gary
used it on his BMW intake manifold. I was amazed how nice it looked.

Dennis 5180 Duluth,MN