16 Miles Away- But May have fuel problems?

16 Miles Away- But May have fuel problems?

Dear DML,

I Have just recently traveled quite a distance to see a DeLorean in
person for the first time, and I absolutly think its the coolest car
in the world. Its even better in person than I could have imagined.
And you are right to say its just like a glove, it fits me so well!
But heres the kicker. I may have one in my back yard I had no idea
existed!

Basicly the run down is an old man died 10 years ago and his son is
running from the IRS for not paying taxes. We chatted with the wife
who is about 75-80 years old and she said her husband had one, but
wouldnt really talk about the car or her son since hes in hidding.
We gave her our number so her son could get in contact with us.
Hopefully well talk soon to him and get a chance to see his fathers
DeLorean, only 16 miles away! I have no clue if it is for sale, but
from the sounds of things it hasnt run for at least 10 years, and
sounds like one of those low mileage cars, like under 10-20,000 miles.

Now I want to be fairly pepared to see it, and if its for sale for a
great price I'll buy it, provided no frame rust which since its been
indoors for the past 10 years, it shouldnt have. However, I would
like a checklist procedure to drain and clean the fuel system before
I start it up, if I get a chance to do it. Does anybody have a set
of instructions that I can go by?

If and when I get a chance to see it I will record the vitals,
Black/Grey, Vin #, Trans Type and Milege and post it to the DeLorean
Record. But man, I cant get over there may be one only 16 miles
away, and mabye (I'm praying) even only 16 feet away in a few months!

Tommy Porter
Northern Maine
Vin: Mabye 16 miles away?