Re: [DML] Head assemblies

Minor problem here. It's kind of difficult to magnaflux an aluminum
head. It's not magnetic.

Also - you are NOT supposed to grind heads on the PRV, if you do more
than microscopically the front end plate will no longer fit. (This
plate covers the whole front(belt end) of the engine, including the
heads.) If the heads are much shorter than as-designed you'll have a
problem.

This is explained in the technical manual as well (I believe, it's
been a long time since I re-read it!).

Dave Swingle

-- In dmcnews@xxxx, id <ionicdesign@xxxx> wrote:
> also have the heads magnifluxed (i think thats the correct spelling
and name). this
> process will find out if they have small cracks in them before you
have them resurfaced
> so they wont leak. i had a 300 in line ford 6 cyl head magnifluxed
and resurfaced for
> $75 10 years ago so i think it should be around $150 a head now for
these two processes.

> mark
>

> Martin Gutkowski wrote:
>
> > Mike, can you not just get the heads planed flat? This is a very
> > standard job over here and the Diesel Centre just sent #2727's
heads off