Re: Constant tripping of the cooling fan breaker

Re: Constant tripping of the cooling fan breaker

You probably have a cooling fan going bad. Not a good idea to jump the
breaker as the wiring shouldn't carry more than 40 amps continuously.
Could also be a bad otterstadt switch because the fans are supposed to
cycle, if they don't you will pop the circuit breaker too. Check that
the fans do indeed cycle on and off and make sure the fans are not
loose on the shafts of the motors and that both motors are blowing in
the correct direction. I am assuming the motor isn't running too hot?
If you have the old syle pipe for the otterstadt switch modify to the
later style. A Fanzilla cannot correct problems in the cooling system,
it is only an upgrade for the Fan Fail Relay.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757