Constant tripping of the cooling fan breaker

Constant tripping of the cooling fan breaker

 Hi gang,

I've come across a problem I've not been able to solve. The circuit breaker
to the cooling fans keeps tripping when the air conditioner or the otterstat
has them switched on. It happens after the car and fans have been running
for a while and the breaker has become hot. I thought I may have just had an
old or defective breaker (40 amp) but the replacement does the same thing. I
have a FanZillia, the fuses on it are holding and both fans turn easily. Why
are they drawing so much current? I'd just jump the breaker and rely on the
fuses but That's just not a good answer.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ken

Ken Montgomery	Sacramento, CA VIN #10911 'OUTTIME'
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/montkw/delorean/index.htm
mailto:kenm@xxxx
President, Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
http://www.ncdmc.org
http://www.dmcnews.com mailto:directory@xxxx