Charging system curiosity

Hello List - I've got a little challenge with Winged1 that is outside
of my limited knowledge of electricity. To begin with, I have a Delco
108 amp alternator installed (for the past 8 years or so). At
present, my "idiot light" is glowing most of the time, and the voltage
in the system is showing 14.5 volts using a digital multimeter at the
battery terminal in the engine bay. The static voltage in the car is
about 13.2 volts with the engine off. If I idle the engine, and turn
on everything, I see a voltage pull down to about 13.2 volts. Is this
an internal regulator challenge with the alternator, or some bizarre
ground situation? I know that the voltages are high ... hmmmmm.
There is evidence of outgassing from the battery. Any ideas from you
"closet sparkies" out there?

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1 - Structures ... yes. Electricity ... bah, humbug.