RE: [DML] Re: strange ticking noise

I didn't answer this one earlier, because I was hoping that someone might
have pictures on a website of how to get these clips in place - because it
is hard to describe.

First, start by clipping the clips onto the rear brake pads. The middle of
the "spring" clips onto the middle of the top of the brake pad ("top" is
by the holes that the pins go through). The trick is to get the pins going
through the holes in the pads, while getting the ends of the springs to be
on the other side of the pins.

The way I do it is I clip the springs onto the pads and put the pads into
the calipers. Now, tilt the springs in the same direction so that you can
somewhat easily get one pin through. Now you've got to push the other end
of the spring down so that you can get the other pin through. Do these one
at a time, just as the pin is getting ready to go through the hole. It's
best to use a screwdriver or pliars or something to push the spring down -
as it is very tense.

Once you've got it together, you'll realized that the springs are pulling
the pad down against the pins. This way the pads and/or pins can't really
move around and make noise. Try to envision what I've said and it will
soon become very clear. :)

-Christian