Re: [DML] driving with doors open?

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Hank Eskin wrote:

> To me, the car feels unstable when driven even at very slow speeds
> with the door open - as if the structural integrity of the car is
> being significantly compromised. Not to mention, the forward/reverse

It is :} The door is a significant component of the structure of any
car. Even though the DeLorean has a frame, it provides almost no
resistance to twisting forces. It's not the best thing in the world to
drive around with the doors open.

That said, driving at 10-20 mph isn't going to cause enough stress to
cause damage to the structure or to cause a safety hazard. The biggest
risk would be hitting someone in the head with the edge of the door, I
think. :}