Re: [DML] In a word, FRAM Oil Filters SUCK!

Re: [DML] In a word, FRAM Oil Filters SUCK!

Hm, oil filters have directions? Maybe I should check....

I guess I've never put one on that tight; I've never had leaks and also
never had to treat one like I treat my vampires (stabbing with
screwdriver)...

I'd believe that overheating the engine would cook the filter. I guess
if you ever have these circumstances, some filters will handle the abuse
better than others. None of my Japanese cars have overheated and are
basically problem free. It is easy to judge mediocre oil filter
performance when one has no reason to expect exceptional performance.

Of course, this still brings me back to one conclusion- the Delorean
needs parts that have exceptional performance under multiple (bad)
conditions, because bad conditions happen more often with this car.

Jim
1537

On Tue, 7 May 2002 22:10:34 -0400 "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> writes:
> > If you could not get the filter off you should be ashamed of
> > putting it on so tight. It did not tighten itself.
>
> Now, now, Jim. Be polite. :-) All filters I have ever come across
> say to tighten somewhere between 3/4 to 1 full turn after the gasket

[we've read it before . . . moderator snip]