DeLorean Problems (Re: [DML] FRAM Oil Filters SUCK!)

DeLorean Problems (Re: [DML] FRAM Oil Filters SUCK!)

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx>
wrote:
<SNIP>
> Of course, this still brings me back to one conclusion- the
Delorean
> needs parts that have exceptional performance under multiple
(bad)
> conditions, because bad conditions happen more often with
this car.

> Jim
> 1537

This is a half true statement. Yes, DeLoreans tend to require alot
of attention, and do have quite a few more problems than regular
cars. But, these failures, and complications are only resuts of
the enviornemtns that they have been in. Not from the factory
from which they came. When my car overheated last, it was due
to a 20 year old hose breaking. That is to be expected. These
kind of parts were NOT meant to last that long. I'm sure that
other vehicles that one might own will not nessisarily have these
kind of problems. But remember, the typical DeLorean has been
in storage at one time or another. And this usually means
neglect, which causes damage to otherwise reliable parts.
When comparing the "reliability", mechanical failures, or
operating costs of a DeLorean to another vehicle, also compare
the history of the cars as well. Any classic car is a gamble, and
when you have one that has been improperly stored/cared for,
you have to "handicap" the prices for repairs and parts for past
abuses.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"