Re: In a word, FRAM Oil Filters SUCK!

Without getting into the merits of one brand of filter over the other
(that issue was settled by James Espey when he cut open some filters)
one of the best things we as owners can do is show our support for the
VERY FEW venders that have dedicated their entire business to
providing parts and services for our cars. An oil filter may be a
small thing but it can help you start a relationship with your
favorite vender. If you buy your parts from a vender then at least you
can feel that you aren't taking advantage of them when you call on the
phone and use up their time helping you with a problem. There is no
excuse for not getting an oil filter from them as it is not usually
something you need in a hurry and besides they will give you a new
copper gasket for the drain plug, find that in your local parts store!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757