Re: In a word, FRAM Oil Filters SUCK!

Yes, the D did over heat last time. I blew a hose on the water pump.
But the needle never reached 240°F on the gauge. It came close, but
it didn't hit. (it was 2AM, no cars around, so I pulled right into
the Stratosphere parking lot). When I first got my D, I blew the
otterstat, and that time the temp almost hit 260°F! But, at that time
I had a Valvoline oil filter installed, and it looked fine. Every
other filter on the D has always come off by hand w/o the use of a
tool. And because of the harsh temps here in the desert, I ALWAYS run
Castrol GTX 20w50.

I do appriciate the advice, and the comments. And I do mean all! :) I
figure to clean everything out, I'll probably run a little chemtool
thru with some cheap oil to clean out the motor. Benefit of the doubt
against myself, I'll always be careful to make sure that I don't over
tighten the filters from now on. But like I said, I never had this
problem before...