Re: "Pre? production" car on ebay?

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "d_rex_2002" <rich@xxxx> wrote:
> Ian and List,
>
> He said this was one of 28 cars that were built pre-production,
prior
> to the plant's completion in Dunmurry. He said that all the SS
panels
> on the car were formed by hand, using a "soft tool" process.
> The doors fit so badly that they had to be replaced with later model
> doors.
>
> Jim painted the car after he acquired it, to improve the look of the
> car, since the SS panels did not have the "finished" look of the
> production panels.

WHAT!! How do you build a factory STOCK black fiberglass underbody
without a running factory !!(all the underbodies as me know them were
made at the DMC factory) As that car has a production line fiberglass
underbody.
The black paint shows(as far as I can see)straight "production line"
SS panels,with NO SIGNS of hand made(re:custom made) SS panels,If it
indeed is a P.Prod.car,the DASH pads WILL have REAL leather(as my car
has)and the fiberglass engine lid will be unpainted white on the
bottom side(he might have painted it) where the stickers are.THAT is
a true indication of a 500 series Delorean.If it was/is a P.Prod.
car,it was one AFTER the plant was built.

Claude
000570