Front Suspension Links

Hello List - I just posted three photos to the "Techie Stuff" folder
with the names "Front LCA Links". (LCA stands for Lower Control Arm).
The photos show the installation of the links that I am in the process
of evaluating to reduce overall deflections in the front suspension
area, and particularly the fore/aft movement of the LCA. These links
have given Winged1 a more stable feel in the corners, and the braking
is rock-solid and stable. The links are made from 4130 steel, and I
didn't bother to clean them up and paint them because I will make the
links from 17-4PH stainless steel if the installation works out (which
appears to be the case at this point). The attachment bolts were
changed to gain the additional length needed ... I used some alloy
steel 'grade 9' bolts at a strength range of about 160 KSI ultimate
tensile stress. I have about 500 miles on the installation with no
apparent distress to any other parts in the area. I will keep the
List posted as I gain additional experience with this modified
configuration.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1 - "Linked and Loaded"