Searching the archives

miami5606 wrote:

> <snip>
> It would be nice if we could set up a Forum that has an easy search
> engine. <snip>

I was wondering if it was just me. Although the archives contain a wealth of knowledge
from over the years, I found doing a 'search' is actually very easy, but unfortunately
almost useless. (Of course, maybe I haven't figured out the right way to do it. . .)
It seems to always produce only the most recent posts, and none particularly pertaining
to my search key words.
Short of clicking on each month, then each post, reading one by one, - what is the
correct way to do a search first before bothering the list with a question?
(The answer to this is probably in the archives somewhere, but I couldn't find it. . .)
Thanks!
Oliver Holler
VIN#10694 (Time-Car)