Re: [DML] Re: Propane/Freon

[MODERATOR NOTE - We have about beat the safety issue to death (further discussions on experience with conversion of DeLoreans is certainly welcome). If you do a www.google.com search on "R12 conversion" you will find more information on this subject. ]

>This is a
> very
> real and very serious problem! All it takes is a small leak in the
> system, and a spark ---- and the car and driver are toast.

All you need is a leak in your fuel line and a spark and the consequences
would be worse; gasoline is much more flammable and burns hotter than
propane. Let's not get out of hand.

I've also heard that if you mix freon and a heat source (ie, cigarette),
the freon changes chemically into nerve gas...

I am not implying propane is a good idea, just stating what might or
might not be obvious...

Jim

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.