Re: WHAT IF.... [DML] Re: HOT START HELL -- Nothing Works!

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Jason Jones wrote:

> At what point does the fuel pump say " OK time to recharge the fuel
> lines" I can not image that if I have not driven my D in a week that there
> is sufficient pressure still in the system to start the car (on a perfect
> Fuel system) .

(someone feel free to correct me here; this post is as much for my own
sanity-checking as it is an effort to be helpful)

The fuel pump doesn't re-prime the fuel system per se. When the engine is
cold, the cold-start circuit primes the system a little (read: enough to
start the engine), which allows the engine to start. Once running, the
system pressurizes fully. This is why moving the "grey" and "blue" wires
in the engine compartment allows you to start a 'hot' engine; it forces
the cold-start circuit to prime the system.

> Which bring me to my next question. Could you somehow make
> the Fuel pump (or whatever is responsible for the pressurization)
> pressurize the system at EACH start rather than relying on the remaining
> pressure left in the system?

Not sure. Would that run the risk of flooding the engine? Anyone? :)

Noah

Bottleneck Bob is riding fast
Wanted by the law for the freight-train blast