[DML] Re: radiator fan removal & replacement

[DML] Re: radiator fan removal & replacement

There are several ways to adjust "unadjustable" things. For instance
HEIGHT is an important alignment adjustment. Shims can be added to
change castor. Toe is easy, just turn the tie rod ends but that also
affects centering so maybe you have to turn both tie rod ends. Don't
forget rear alignment (thrust angle) as that has a dramatic affect on
the steering. Tire pressure can affect steering and alignment. Weight
distribution affects alignment. My point is there are many things that
can affect alignment, many ARE adjustable. Most cars are set up for a
normal? weighted driver and no passengers 1/2 tank of gas and no
luggage. If you change these assumptions dramatically i.e. adding a
lot of weight as either passengers and or luggage you change the
alignment. In airplanes this is known as weight and balance and it is
something you always keep in mind. On cars it is less important but
still important. The Delorean was engineered with small changes in
weight and balance being a 2 person car with limited carrying
capacity. This means you can quickly find yourself outside the
allowable limits if you overload the car.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "B Benson" <delornut@xxxx> wrote:

> The only adjustment for aligning the front suspension of the
DeLorean is