Idle speed blues

My #3302 has been an absolute joy since the day two months ago when I
rescued her from her naughty PO. So what that something has broken
EVERY SINGLE TIME I have driven her.

This week, I read in the archives thta the three brass screws on the
intake manifold are to be lightly seated. Did that, and the car now
idles at 600RPM with no accessories on.

The idle motor vibrates with the engine off, so that's OK from one
perspective (thank the wallet Gods). The valve on the right valve
cover (forgot that bugger's name) buzzes like an angry hornet, and
the full throttle switch when pressed increases the idle about 50 RPM.

Now for the odd thing... There is a connector directly atop the
splash shield (recall thing above the full throttle switch). There
is clearly a place for TWO plugs to connect there, but there is only
one connector. Maybe that's not odd?

Begging for suggestions. I've searched the archive for HOURS!.

-Steve #3302