Re: Idle speed blues

There are either 2 or 3 micro switches by the throttle spool. Two if
a 5-speed, 3 if automatic. On all cars there is the idle micro (it
turns on the idle circuit) and the full throttle enrichment (It puts
the lambda into full on at WOT). The extra one is the kick-down micro
for the automatic (it forces a downshift depending on road speed and
the gear you are currently in.) It is also hit at WOT just like the
fuel enrichment micro. There are some other plugs over by the firewall
on the left and right sides that are "extra" if you have a 5-speed.
Just make sure that you have the extra clips installed to properly
route the engine wiring and the throttle recall was installed. Strap
tie anything that might get loose and cause trouble. If you look
behind the seats you might find the extra plug for the hot start relay
or as it's known in the movie "The Flux Cacpacitor"!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

BTW where is Fatboy today? Isn't it April Fools Day!!!!!!

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "stevepeck1" <stevepeck1@xxxx> wrote:
> My #3302 has been an absolute joy since the day two months ago when
> rescued her from her naughty PO. So what that something has broken
> EVERY SINGLE TIME I have driven her.
>
> This week, I read in the archives thta the three brass screws on the
> intake manifold are to be lightly seated. Did that, and the car now
> idles at 600RPM with no accessories on.
>
> The idle motor vibrates with the engine off, so that's OK from one
> perspective (thank the wallet Gods). The valve on the right valve
> cover (forgot that bugger's name) buzzes like an angry hornet, and
> the full throttle switch when pressed increases the idle about 50
RPM.