Re: [DML] Re: Noisy fuel pump (still!) (and again!)

Re: [DML] Re: Noisy fuel pump (still!) (and again!)

In a message dated 3/28/02 6:48:12 PM Central Standard Time,
msubstel@xxxx writes:

> Last summer members of the DeLorean Club of Ohio drove to London, Ontario.
> We spent a very long time waiting in line at the Canadian border with our
> engines and air conditioners running. None of us overheated or broke down,
> but by the time we got into Canada *all* of our fuel pumps were screaming.

The reason the fuel in the tank gets hot is more a cause of the hot water
from the engine heating the tank and fuel as it makes it way up to the front
of the car to the radiator and then returns to the engine. Remember this
water coming from the engine is normally around 190 -200 deg F, and when you
just sit in traffic it gets hotter then that. The water lines running down
both sides of the bottom of the fuel tank and enclosed between the frame
rails and belly pan and the fuel tank act as heaters for the fuel inside the
tank. And yes, the less fuel in the tank, the easier it is to heat.

Marty