Re: [DML] Millennium: The DeLorean Motor Company Concours

Re: [DML] Millennium: The DeLorean Motor Company Concours

This is an open letter to other Technical Editors and the general
membership of the DML.
DMC Houston doesn't need to be the final and ultimate authority on the
judging rules. As owners and "keepers of the Marque" we all have a
stake in how the rules are created, interpeted, and applied. Everyone
should get a copy of the judging manual and if there are any comments,
suggestions, corrections, etc WE need to make it happen. In most other
car clubs the general membership through various committes arbitrate
and interpet the rules for their Marque. I am proposing that we of the
Deloreans do the same. The situation for the 83's is ambiguous to say
the least and could use a lot of clarifacation. In many other Marques
some changes relating to safety do not carry any penalties. Although
DMC Houston has done a great job for NO COMPENSATION short of the
parts business that the concours generates we as the owners should
have some participation in the proccess and the selection of judges.
Past winners of a concours could make some of the best judges and
since they are inelegable to compete for some time they are impartial
and highly knowledgable. If you agree with me and would like to do
something about it E-mail me directly. Of course this is MHO. In many
other car clubs to get into the "concours" you need to win some local
events so as to weed out the true concours from the drivers. This
could inspire more local judging events. In the end judging by a
comprehensive and standard set of rules will elevate the Deloreans to
a higher level of value which is good for everybody.
David Teitelbaum