Re: Millennium: The DeLorean Motor Company Concours

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Senatorpack@xxxx wrote:

> Well said Marc.
> I would like the judges to list their credentials and their
specific training
> on what exactly adheres to the engineers & designers blah, blah,
blah.
> Marc and I both know of an original 1983 owner and his exceptional
concourse
> condition car. The judges didn't convey the confidence in their
judging
> ability and specifically their knowledge of what was in a 1983 in a
specific
> VIN range. This has caused me to be apprehensive bringing a 1983
Concourse
> car to a concourse event.
> Best Wishes,
> Michael

I don't speak for DMC regarding the Millenium Concours, but I have
had the opportunity to participate as a judge several times and can
certainly speak for myself based on those experiences.

The credientials that I have to participate as a judge are quite
simple:
1) Ability to read and comprehend the provided judging manual
2) Willingness to review and study the assigned section of the manual
in preparation for judging
3) Willingness to burn the better part of a day during the event
doing the meticulous judging (it usually takes me 30 minutes to judge
one category on one car, so for 8 entrants it would take me
approximately 4 hours to complete)
4) Ability to impartially apply the judging criteria

I believe that all judges at all previous Millenium Concours events
have met all of the above qualifications.

In return for the volunteer efforts and time spent, the rewards
judges reap include the spite of folks like Michael that have not
even participated in the event. To offset these rewards, the folks at
DMC are extremely generous to the volunteer judges (see my judging
the DMC open house). The DMC folks make the judging experience a
rewarding and exciting one and I would encourage anyone that is
interested in doing some judging to jump at the opportunity if it
presents itself.

I know that the judging criteria outlined in the handbook (it's
downloadable using the link James provided) have been painstakingly
researched and that the items in the manual are based on DMC
documents that have been recovered from the archives as well as other
supporting data. If you are aware of discrepancies in the handbook, I
would suggest that a constructive approach would be to help expose
the new documents and supporting data that would allow the handbook
to be updated and corrected. Your vauge assertions of impropriety and
ineptitude in the judging process is baseless and wholly
unconstructive.

Knut