poor acceleration... maybe she's just sleepy.. fuel and etc.

poor acceleration... maybe she's just sleepy.. fuel and etc.

every morning when i start her for the first time,
my delorean is a little hesitant. If I gun it or right
when i let the clutch back out between gears she
stutters and doesn't want to go.
Also... nearly all the time, there are spurts when
she's not as peppy- kinda just sluggish (like
couldn't out-race a pinto kinda sluggish).
Starving for gasoline?
Clutch?
She has brand to pump and brand new clutch.

However... the fuse box is melting (or once did melt a
bit) around the fuse pump fuse, and the metal prongs
don't hold the fuse perfectly.. but sufficent for the
car to run apparantly. Could a poor connection here
cause, perhaps, low voltage at the pump and cause
these symptoms?
This is my next thing to fix on the list :) anyways.

lastly

I installed the new fuel pump a few weeks back, but
didn't put on the upper boot. (I don't drive in the
rain much anyways.. and plan on putting the thing on
soon)
The clear tube that attaches to the dome-nut has no
hose clamp. None of the ones grady enclosed were that
small. Does it requre one. And the hose is really
stuck on there, is it safe to just cut it, or just try
to pull it off the fitting. (in order to get it
through the upper boot).

Might anyone have some sorta pics/description/drawing
on the how to install the nylon flange that goes on
the bottom of the fuel tank. I want to be ready if i'm
gonna go through the trouble of draining my fuel.

thanks!
James LaLonde 001697