Re: Starting Problem ----- *Update*

The most likely cause of your problem is the fuel accumulator. The
lesser likely but still possible cause could be the check valve on the
fuel pump. Some RPM relays do not always activate the fuel pump for a
few seconds when turned on. Mine for instance, will not do it on the
first turn to IGN II, but if you rapidly turn the key between IGN 0
and IGN II, It will activate the fuel pump for those 2-3 seconds.

Another thing you might try when the car wont start, is swapping the
CPR electrical connector onto the cold start valve. To do this,
unplug both the blue plug on top of the engine sticking right out at
you, and also the grey plug on the CPR which is located on the
driver's side cam cover (right behind the oil filler neck). Plug the
grey plug where the blue one went, and leave the blue one hanging. Go
back and start the car. It should start right away, and once it does
emmediately go back and unplug the grey plug from the blue cold start
valve or you'll flood the engine. The engine will stay running just
fine. Then simply plug both blue and grey back to where they belong.
(Somebody should really take some pictures describing this procedure.
I would do it myself, but my car is still in cold storage miles away
from me).

This is known as the "hot start quick fix", to get the car running
when you really need it to. If this doesn't start the car when its
being stubborn, you probably have a bigger problem somewhere. Good
luck.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960