Re: Chicago St. Pat's Day Parade (wrap up)

Re: Chicago St. Pat's Day Parade (wrap up)

The Delorean Midwest Connection club had its best turn out for the
St. Pat's Day Parade on a cool but very sunny day. Temperature at
parade time was 38 degrees, but the crowd gave us a warm welcome.
We had 8 cars in attendance, running in a 2-1-2-1-2 configuration
throughout the parade route. The front 2 cars were lowered Deloreans
followed by D REX and others, with 2 red painted Deloreans graciously
watching our backs, with an American flag proudly on Bryan's hood.
It was an outstanding display for the crowd.

I would like to thank all the owners, drivers and co-pilots that
attended the parade, to brave the long wait and brisk lakeside winds.

Due to the "hint" of political issues, President Bush appeared to be
diverted from seeing D REX and instead had to hold up the parade by
15-20 minutes for "photo ops" in front of the reviewing stand with
the local and state representatives. Again, rumor has it that D REX
was seen by the President as his helicopter left for O'Hare airport,
since D REX is big enough to be seen from nearly a mile away.

I am also happy to report that all the vehicles made it through the
long wait and made it through the parade without incident, which is
more than I can say for the Channel 7 float that we passed on the
side of the route, barely one block into the parade route. I guess
it was a little poetic justice that 1 of 2 broadcasting TV stations
were not able to get coverage of their own float.

As a side note, if you happen to see some photos of D REX taking a
stroll down the Michigan Avenue shopping district, or near either the
Hard Rock Cafe or the Rock and Roll McDonalds, it's probably not a
clever Photoshop mocked up photo, because it really was out for a
drive on the town after the parade. It must have been a sight to see
and hear it rumbling past unsuspecting Chicago taxi cabs and buses.

And thanks to all who came out to see the club in the parade. If you
missed it, Tamir will have some video footage of the club cars in the
parade posted to his website soon, but if you want to see all the
footage, you will have to attend the club's Spring Brunch next month
on Sunday, April 14. Please contact Don Gowler if you plan on joining
us at the brunch, since he needs a final head count very soon.

See you at the brunch (with another surprise?)

Later,
Rich W.