RE: [doc] Speedograph Richfield was Smiths Industries

RE: [doc] Speedograph Richfield was Smiths Industries

Michael, List,

I have had another telephone conversation with "Speedograph's" Dave Musson.
They are only in Nottingham, about 20 miles from my house in Derby (UK) He
is fully knowledgable about the DeLorean having worked on the original
project.

They are starting to re-make angle drives! I will take delivery of a "test
one" soon. Price will soon be decided.

He mentioned something which I had not thought about, The reason they use
rather flimsy plastic gears in the angle drives is so they can act as a kind
of "fuse" in-case of cable / lambarda or speedo problems. He says using much
stronger metal gears could cause other problems.

Regards the 85 / 140 MPH Speedo's Dave is prepared to re-make the
"Euro-spec" 140 mph Speedo's on an "Exchange basis" , but he could do with a
few old 85 MPH units to start with....any volunteers? Contact me. I can
lend him one of my original 140 MPH one's.

Any one wishing to view a proper original 140 MPH speedo can see mine on our
website www.delorean.co.uk .

They bought all the stuff from CP trim when it went bust! All gone now!!

Chris Parnham DOC UK