exhaust leaks?

I am about as sure as I can be I have an exhaust leak in the area of the right manifold or crossover pipe. However, I have no idea where it is coming from, I can't find any black exhaust deposites or see or feel anywhere that air is excaping form the system. I even put my hands over the pipes a little to increase back pressure to see if the tick would get louder and I do not notice it change at all.? With a mechanics stethescope I hear the ticking noise most prevelent on the crossover pipe next to the right manifold. Does the crossover pipe ever crack and leak. Also, I am probally going to have to pay someone to take the manifolds off and replace the gaskets etc, do any of you know about how much I'd get charged for such a job? Also, those studs and nuts have been on there for 20 years, I can't beleive they would come off with out breaking. Anyway, I'd just like it if anyone out there had some advice for me in this area.

Sincerely, Casey at chaparral2a002@xxxx