[DML] Re: Drive Axles thunking?

Walt - I don't know all of the sources for "clunking" in the corners,
but you may want to verify that the small bolts used to attach the
trailing arm bushings to the frame are secure. My first exposure to
the trailing arm arrangement was when one of the attachment bolts fell
out completely, and the other came loose, but was still in the hole
(more or less). The bushing could slide all over the place. The only
thing holding the joint together was the large flat washer on the
inside of the bushing common to the TAB. Other sources that I have
heard about include the underbody-to-frame bolts missing, and improper
shimming of the axles into the hub carrier. Perhaps a suspension
bushing in one of the lateral links may have gone bad as well?
Complex system, with lots of possibilities!

BTW - I know that you picked up a set of TOBY-TAB's. How did the
installation go? What was your impression of the quality of the
parts? Were the installation hints helpful? Please advise. Thanks.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> On my automatic, I can grab the drive shafts and move them
side-to-side just a little. I'm wondering if this could be the cause
of my clunking. I have already replaced the TABs, and it still clunks
in turns. Maybe a loose frame-to-fiberglass bolt hidden in a pontoon?