Re: DMC Houston radio Bracket Question (and others...)

Re: DMC Houston radio Bracket Question (and others...)

If the radio is a removable face type then no, you cannot move the
radio further into the dash without making the hole in the dash
larger. If it is not then depending on the radio you may not be able
to move it back. If it has a sleeve then the sleeve depends on the
DIN opening to clamp onto to hold the radio in place. Unless you
come up with another way to hold the radio in place besides the
supplied sleeve then that's how it is. All aftermarket radios are
like this because every car has a different mounting scheme for the
radio so the manufactures just supply a sleeve to clamp onto the DIN
opening of the dash which all cars have.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxx> wrote:
> I didn't install the radio in my car, I had it done. But, my
question
> is this: Is a radio adjustable inside of the sleeve? The reason I
ask
> is this. On my car, the face of the radio sticks out farther than
the
> bracket, beacuse of the sleeve that holds it. So to cover things
up,
> theres a little frame that came with the unit that covers
everything
> up. Problem is, I hate it! Every car (D or otherwise) I've seen
with
> an after market radio seems to stick out beyond the console/dash.
> While of course factory original always remains either flush, or
> recessed. This is a look I perfer. It gives a more "stock", if not
> professional/nicer appearance. Now I've never used one of
Houston's