Re: [DML] DMC Houston radio Bracket Question (and others...)

Re: [DML] DMC Houston radio Bracket Question (and others...)

In a message dated 3/7/02 3:14:39 AM Central Standard Time, DMCVegas@xxxx
writes:

> Now I've never used one of Houston's
> brackets, but to me the smaller sized hole for the unit to fit thru
> would be a whole lot better at hiding the rest of the radio behind
> the bracket! It just seems to me that something needs to be
> implemented to support the front portion of the radio.
>
> -Robert
> vin 6585 "X"

Robert,

the reason most aftermarket decks stick out in the front is because the deck
is actually built deeper than the OEM deck! i had this same problem on my
1990 olds cutlass supreme. the dash wasn't deep enough for the deck and add
wiring onto that, and it sticks out about 1/4 inch (after about an hour of
working it in there). luckily my Alpine cd player in my D is an acceptable
depth because it doesn't stick out at all (other than the normal amount that
ANY deck will with the faceplate). i used a bracket i bought off of ebay
which is an OEM bracket but it was cut for a single DIN deck. everything
worked out prefectly for me - it's all about which deck you choose, it's not
the bracket's fault.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596