Regraining Tool/Braided brake lines

List,
Since there has been some mention of the 'flapper sandpaper tool' and questions about it's use and location, I thought I would share some information I have about this tool. Our Club (PNDC) has always had one of the original dealership tools and have used it extensively. It is as described an air operated tool that looks like a shock absorber with a 'flapper wheel' containing many sheets of sandpaper attached to the end so that the sandpaper sheets spin perpendicular to the axis of the tool. This sandpaper wheel is available in various grit sizes and the one usually recommended for our cars issimilar to something like 80 grit sandpaper. Use of the tool is relativelyeasy and does an excellent job on the stainless, however it is very slow and time consuming work. Care and/or masking must be done around plastic, paint, glass, etc. and of course only move parallel to the grain.
Anyway, a company that sells the tool and sanding wheels is the Dynabrade Company located in Clarence New York, 716-631-0100, or (dynabrade(dot)com). They probably have distributors in other states that stock their line of products.
I don't know the cost, and the usual "no connection with the company bla-bla-bla" statement applies. I have seen advertisments for this and similar tools in Industrial Engineering type trade magazines.

P.S. On another subject, I just finished installing the stainless braided brake lines that I got from Marty Maier and the MidStates Club about 2 yearsago (OK they sat around for a while, I've been busy). Let me say there hasnever been anything that I've done to my car that was so noticeable immediately. I never thought of the DMC brakes as inadequate, in fact I would sayit has an excellent brake system. But after replacing the rubber lines with the braided stainless I was amazed at how positive the brakes now feel and how solid the pedal response is. I never thought about it before but there was always some 'spongy' feel or excess play (not much, but some) when the brakes were fully applied. Now there is NO sponge feel whatsoever, I mean, zilch. Well worth the cost, and installation was simple. Thanks Marty!

Greg Linstad
Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club
VIN# 3507 120,000+ miles
Washington plate "RUSTLSS"