Re: [DML] Tranny filler plug frozen

I don't recommend changing the manual transmission oil unless you are
prepared to change several oil seals and gaskets (requires trans. removal
and disassembly). Like the clutch cylinder seals, replacing old fluid with
new can cause *rapid deterioration of seals & gaskets.

Keep in mind that the transmission gear oil is not subjected to the high
heat and pressure as crankcase motor oil. In over 17 years of record keeping
we have no reports of premature manual transmission parts failures (due to
wear) including transmissions with 150k miles plus, Several auto
manufacturers (Saab, etc.) say that it is not necessary to change the
transmission oil, ever.

DeLorean transmission removal is very labor intensive and costly, if you
have deep pockets and you feel the need to change the trans oil than do so.
If you decide to skip this service procedure and someone asks "have you ever
changed your manual transmission oil? ; you can tell them that "DMC Joe said
its OK not to".

PS: If the manual trans is removed for service you should replace the oil,
seals, and gaskets before returning the trans to service.

*50% incident rate

DMC Joe
DeLorean Help dmchelp@xxxx
www.dmc.tv